Out with the old..Welcome 2021!
So much has already been said about last year and I wonder what else I could add. Like you perhaps, I had to adapt, get used to and reinvent myself several times. Without denying that 2020 has been a difficult year, I do have some silver linings that I want to share with you.
Now around the holidays I always have a melancholic feeling that time has flown again and that Christmas used to always seem to last much longer and be more festive. At the same time, there is a part of me that can't wait for a year of new opportunities ha! Nice contrast.A small retrospective then... with many nice events:
- In February I exhibited my embroidery for 3 days in England at the Parallax Art Fair
- That's how I became a blogger at Modemuze, a historic fashion platform
- Just before all the trouble started in March, I was accepted at Ananda. A beautiful new-age store in the heart of Utrecht
- In March, just at the start of the 1st lockdown, I went to a new studio. Smaller indeed, but less than 5 minutes from my house and such a nice place
- In mid-June I started the 4-day Master Art-Repreneur Program by Peter Maasdam, a business course for creative entrepreneurs
- My website was 1 year old in August
- And in November I gave my first Magical Embroidery workshop, which was a real treat
For me, this year was really all about self-development and taking steps. By the way, this is my first end-of-year blog and also the first in Dutch. One of the adjustments that I felt was the right thing to do.
As you may also notice, I am making a huge shift in what I actually want to share with the world. I want to move from a website about embroidery to a platform where I combine embroidery (and creativity in general) with spirituality.
My spiritual journey started last year and I noticed that I wanted more than just making 'beautiful things'. Just didn't know exactly what or how. During my 4-day business course the question arose: why do you do what you do? Why are you here on earth? I really started thinking about that.
I discovered that through my own experiences I wanted to help women get back in touch with themselves. Offering them creative and spiritual tools to dare to live from their intuition again.
Wow! This was an eye opener…
But one that feels great and with which I can do something for others. And if I wanted to listen to my own feelings, I'd better listen right away 😉
So lately I've been busy making adjustments to this nice place. I communicate on all channels in Dutch and I am looking forward to sharing many beautiful things with you in the new year!
PS After the last Magical Embroidery Workshop I received so many sweet messages that I am now developing an Inner Light program for women... sign up for my newsletter because I will share more about this soon
Have a wonderful New Year everyone!